Friday, January 17, 2014

Supermarket Scores


Good day everyone. I hope the sun is shining your way providing a joyous daily dose of vitamin D. Let's get ourselves to the highest level of spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical regeneration. Shine today! 

Now, on to the living foods.

They say health starts with what you buy in the supermarket. What does your grocery shopping cart look like? Do you have too many processed foods clogging your arteries and not enough fresh veggies and fruits?


http://www.webstaurantstore.com/supermarket-grocery-shopping-cart/962GSW100.html


 I barely  leave the produce section avoiding most of the shelved aisles. The produce guy at my local grocery store knows it too! He let me know a new order of organic oranges and grapes were en route!  Because I too am learning, I still make mistakes. I buy as much organic as I can. In my latest food score run I bought:

  • organic avocados
  • organic bananas
  • organic mushrooms
  • organic tomatoes
  • organic spinach/spring mix 
  • organic oranges
  • organic lemons
  • organic basil 
Now, I just started buying Bolthouse Farms assorted juices and protein drinks to make sure I'm getting in enough vitamins, minerals, and especially vitamin B12.  Their Vanilla Chai Tea tastes great and I think it beats cereal and milk! I do have a juicer, but it's been hard getting on that kick.

 I also want to limit fruit juice since there isn't much fiber so I balance it out with whole raw foods, like eating an orange for the fiber as well. It fills you up and doesn't leave your belly full of sugar. I also tried their other juices and placed them all in a section of my fridge. I call it "juice bar" and mix the juices up in a large cup(with a neon straw) or thermos. Although the juices are not organic, they are GMO free and I also sometimes pick up the organic Sambazon Acai juices for that rainforest antioxidant berry kick! I love those acai juices so much!!




Unfortunately I am unable to buy organic all the time and I still eat cooked foods but my goal is to eat as much RAW food as possible. When I can do is eat in moderation and incorporate better eating habits daily. I also love getting marinated mushrooms, capers, and olives at the olive bar in my market. I do this so I don't add salad dressing and it helps me eat all the greens during my lunch or dinner meal.




People wake up! Let's eat healthy. Demand organic. More Fruits and Vegetables.

U.S.A Fails To MakeTop 20 Healthiest In The World List (article link)

No comments:

Post a Comment